Friday, October 2, 2015

31 Days of Life Stories #2

One of my very first memories is of my mom giving me a bath in the kitchen sink and then dressing me on the counter in warm pink footie pajamas. I sat on the counter kicking my feet as she combed my hair when the screen door slammed and in walked my daddy! I was so excited and wiggled all over the place trying to get to him.

I was Daddy's girl.

I also remember many a time of standing at the back door of our little apartment, waiting, waiting, waiting and hoping to see my daddy come up the stairs and sweep me up into his arms.

The natural love a child has for his parent is a wonderful thing. My dad made a lot of mistakes but one thing he was really good at was conveying his love and pride in me.

God paints a beautiful picture of a Father waiting, waiting, waiting and hoping to see his child coming down the path toward home in the story of The Prodigal Son. And when he saw his son, he RAN to meet him. I love that story so much because it teaches us that even if we've made terrible choices, we can always turn around (repent) and go Home.

Did you know one of God's name is Abba, which means Daddy? I think Daddy God is waiting, waiting, waiting for each of his children to come home. And when they get there? Such excitement!







This post is #2 in my series, 31 Days of Life Stories. Hundreds of writers are linking up at the 31 Day Writing Challenge hosted by Crystal Stine. There is a wealth of information on many topics. Go visit and see! I'll be posting under the category "Inspiration and Faith."


I'm also linking this post with the community at Grace & Truth.


Grace&Truth-300x300

If you'd like to link up, or read more great Christian posts visit the hostesses at:


Satisfaction Through Christ
BLOG
 | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER |G+

Kaylene Yoder
BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | G+

The Brown Tribe
BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | G+

Arabah Joy
BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | G+

A Divine Encounter
BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | G+ | STUMBLEUPON

Being Confident of This
BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | G+

Busy Being Blessed
BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | G+

Sharing Redemption’s Stories
BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | G+


4 comments:

  1. How sweet to be a daddy's girl :) That was amazing of a memory that young that you have!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet story, Jerralea! I'm so glad we have the same Daddy! :) Thank you for sharing it with us at Grace & Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sweet little memory. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.