Friday, August 29, 2014

Reach for your goals

Brody helps Mimi illustrate "reach"
Today is 5 Minute Friday, a writing exercise that encourages writing 5 minutes on a one-word prompt. Today's word is REACH.

When I first saw the word prompt "reach," I thought of the word used in these contexts:


  • Just out of reach
  • Reach out and touch
  • When I reach the end of my journey
  • Reach for the stars


When I thought about it, I realized the first and the last could relate when considered in the area of setting goals. You want to have a vision, a goal to grasp.  Something that is just out of reach - something to strive for.  However, you don't want to set your goal too low.  You want to have something that would stretch you. Reach for the highest goal you can imagine.

So, envision something that  would make you reach to your highest limit. A goal that would challenge you with every fiber of your being.

Along the way, set incremental goals, each one being just out of your reach.  Your satisfaction when reaching each level will you give much joy and confidence.

Don't settle for a hum-drum everyday kind of life.  You are capable of so much more!  Your Creator has endowed you with the capacity to grow.  He has promised to be with you each step of the way.  When you reach the end of your journey, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you gave it your all!

(Okay, I was able to tie in 3 contexts. Yay for me!)


5 Minute Friday is now hosted by Kate at the blog "heading home." This is meant to be a free write, which means: no editing, no over-thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation. 



Just write.


Also, the most important rule is that you visit the blog of the person who linked up before you and leave some encouragement.  That’s the most fun of all, and the heart of this community.

So, what goal do you wish to REACH? Your words are important, so please leave a comment and share.


5 comments:

  1. Such an encouraging post! I love the last paragraph, and really needed to those words. I've told them to myself before, but it's easy to lose your way sometimes. Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to set a goal of writing a Five Minute Friday Post at least twice a month. I always enjoy writing them…it stretches me to hold down the word count. LOL! Thanks for your words and encouragement. Keep reaching for Him!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to reach out for the highest goal! I need to do that in my own life!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've gotten older, I tend to reach less. This was encouraging! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That totally related to a situation I am in right now! I am determined to keep reaching. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.