Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z is for Zeal

Today is the last day of the A-Z blogging challenge. I've really enjoyed blogging this month and I met a couple new bloggers to visit, so it's all good.

For the letter Z, I've chosen the word zeal.

I googled zeal and it was defined as "great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective."

I'm all about enthusiasm.  I can't stand apathetic people who can find nothing in life at all to interest them. God created such a beautiful and fascinating world. Seriously? There is nothing you can find that excites you?

I kind of think that God feels that way, too.  He said He would rather we be hot or cold; lukewarm people make Him gag.*  (My paraphrasing!)  He tells us a little farther on in scripture to "shake off our complacency."

In other words, get excited. You've only one life.  Don't spend it in apathy.  Find something that speaks to you and then get involved.

Get zealous!



* Revelation 3:14-22



This post was written in community with the April A-Z blogging challenge.  To read others' work, go here.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog. Keep up the good work. I love zeal. We all need to enjoy the moment. Nothing is dull with God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed this trip with you! You have tackled it with great ZEAL! :)
    Have a blessed week Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God created such a beautiful and fascinating world."
    You are 100% correct!
    There is so much to look forward to and be excited about...
    Congratulations on reaching the end of the A to Z challenge!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree to be zealous! You are right, life is so short and we only have one of them, we don't want to live in apathy!

    I have enjoyed your A/Z blogs and look forward to keeping up with you now after the challenge is over. Congrats on finishing them!

    I'll be going back to my usual every week to 10 day posting, but I always read blogs daily :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.