Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10 - Be Encouraged, Your God Provides

When troubles and trials threaten to overwhelm us, one way to encourage ourselves is to remember that our God will provide what is needed.

One of God's names is Jehovah-Jireh which expresses the idea that the Lord sees all and will provide what is needed for those who are His children.

I love this quote: 

"The provision God makes is always the very thing needed" Don Fortner 

Do you need a way out of the trouble you are in? An escape will be provided. (Often not in the way you imagine!)


1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV) There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

and my personal favorite:


Psalm 34:19 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) Many adversities come to the one who is righteous, but the Lord delivers him from them all.

Do you need help?

Isaiah 41:10 (HCSB) Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.

Be encouraged - the God of the Universe will help!


I'm linking this post to Jennifer's blog, Getting Down With Jesus, because it's no coincidence that God will help - it's a God-incidence.  Sometimes we need a little nudge to see it!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerralea,

    As always making my daily stop to read some of your good stuff. These are great encouraging words, thanks for sharing it. I keep thinking of your words for me "to write more often" but lately I have been quite busy as God is preparing me to lead a small group for couples. Nevertheless, my heart longs to write.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.