Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Daybook - November 15, 2011




FOR TODAY, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15

Outside my window...rainy but warm for November morning.

I am thinking... how quickly nature changes.  There's a gorgeous tree next to the church that has ruby red leaves in the fall.  On Friday, I noticed a carpet of red leaves had fallen under the tree, and the sun was shining on the tree and the ground, almost as if a spotlight was on the scene.  I thought to myself that I should take a picture to share on my blog.  But I was too busy at the time.  The next time I saw the tree, all the leaves had fallen and the leaves on the ground has shriveled up.  The beauty is gone. This happens to me all the time.  I must learn to take advantage of the moment NOW.

I am thankful...that I am back living in my home.  I am so blessed to be back here after 3 months of renovations after the flood.

In the kitchen...since I have a board meeting tonight, I'm thinking about bringing home Kroger's fried chicken.  It tastes better than mine does!

I am wearing...gray pants, short sleeve black cardi with a gray and black zebra print shirt.  It's so warm, I'm still wearing short sleeves!

I am creating...blogposts in my mind!

I am going...to Oklahoma next week to see my daughter and son-in-law for Thanksgiving!

I am wondering...how I'm going to get everything done in time to go to Oklahoma ...

I am still reading...an Amish book by Tricia Goyer, "Beside Still Waters,"  ... It's unusual for me to take a week reading one book.  I've been busy!

I am hoping...to rest up after I get back from Oklahoma.

I am looking forward to...time off and sleeping in.  (For me, that will mean sleeping to maybe 8 o'clock.)

I am hearing...my refrigerator making weird noises ... I'm wondering if it is going to go kaput!

Around the house...cozy lamplight gleaming.  (I love the ambiance of lamps.  I'm not into harsh overhead lighting.)

I am pondering... the goodness of God and how many things He has given us. (Read Psalm 103 sometime, it will bless you!)

One of my favorite things... bible study.  I love learning about God's care and provision for us.

A few plans for the rest of the week: board meeting, presenting Wednesday's bible lesson, and working ahead at work.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...



One more shot of fall beauty - I love orange leaves!




The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  Please visit her blog to join in, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with your children! As with the fallen leaves time goes by quickly..
    ~~HUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for dropping by,Sunflower Faith.

    Oooohh, the thought of leaves..we have NO trees around us so miss seeing the falling leaves (though not missing seeing leaves on the ground).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You work for TWO churches? Wow! That's a handful!

    I love lamplight as well. I much prefer to turn on a lamp. I even have a lamp on the vanity in our guest bath and sometimes turn it on for a while just to enjoy the ambiance it creates.

    And I know what you mean about needing to learn to seize the moment!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.