Thursday, October 27, 2011

22 Things

Today, I'm joining in at Mama Kat's and sharing a list of 22 things I've done.  I'm not sure I can come up with that many interesting things but I will give it a try.


I'm 55 years old, and in my lifetime, I've:

1. Ridden in a brand new lipstick red '65 Mustang (My dad owned one briefly.  He thought it would motivate my mother into learning to drive a stick shift.  Wrong!)

2. Taken violin lessons

3. Broken my arm three different times, thereby nullifying the said violin lessons.

4. Been in a wreck where the vehicle flipped over, smashing out a window and pinning my hair beneath the vehicle.

5.  Had my husband whack my hair off with his penknife during that same wreck.

6.  Struggled with infertility for 10 years. Now, I've ...

7.  Given birth 3 times.

8.  Had 3 daughters.

9. Became a mother-in-law.

10. Had different jobs in my life.  I've been a clerk at two different courthouses,

11.  Been a Dental Receptionist

12.  Been a Legal Secretary

13.  Worked in customer service at a Bank - twice!

14. Worked in my current profession for 15 years - I'm a church secretary, and I love it!

15. Dealt with my husband's bipolar disorder for over 20 years now.  We're hanging in there!  Thank God, the doctor finally found the right combination of medications.

16.Been a Blogger since May of 2008.

17. Co-hosted a Southern Gospel Music room with my husband in 2002.

18.  Been in Amway.

19.  Taught the Young Adult Sunday School Class at my church for 7 years.

20.  Become one of the worship leaders for my church.

21.  Been the first woman deaconess elected in my church.  (See, my life is all about church!)

22. Been a flood survivor.

This took some thought ... I'm afraid the list I HAVEN'T done is way longer!  I'm thinking I might need to make a "bucket list," and try some new things.

Link up over at Mama's Losing It if you would like to share what you've done.

3 comments:

  1. Loved your list..and honesty...We have a bi-polar 36 yr old son...so I know...
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in the legal field now and I currently teach a youth Sunday school class! We have quite a few things in common. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, it's hard to make a list of things you've done that are of note because it's hard to give ourselves props! I think it's awesome that you were the first deaconess at your church - way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.