Friday, May 20, 2022

It's the Little Things

It's time once again to pause and reflect on God's goodness in my life.

He just keeps on showing up! Sometimes the week is filled with small joys; which in the scheme of things mean just as much as the big blessings.

It's been a full week; but less fast-paced than usual and I am thankful. I've been able to cross some things off the list; and you know for type A personalities like me, checking off boxes brings lots of joy.

Another small thing that made a big difference is our recent purchase of new bedding. The sheets fit so well (no more popping off of the fitted sheet!) and the pillows are a dream. I was worried about new pillows because the last time I bought some, they gave us a headache. Those pillows became our sham pillows, and we kept on using the old ones. This time, I bought pillows for side sleepers (which we both are) and we are so happy with them.

It's important to do everything possible to promote sleep, don't you agree?

Another great happening this week is Jim was released from therapy for his knee. He is still to do exercises at home and walk, but no more trips to town! This is a blessing in view of gas prices and the fact a therapy trip takes 50 miles round trip.

This week, the twins started their actual ball games. It was a nice break in routine to sit outside on some nice breezy days and watch them playing softball (Baylee) and baseball (Brody).

My mother has been in the hospital and in rehab for most of the last couple months. She seems to finally be on the mend and has had a string for good days. Now there is finally talk about her getting to go home! We are so thankful!

I'm looking forward to a relaxed Saturday with no big projects looming. It's unusual to have some free time; and I am sure going to take advantage of it.

And that wraps up another week here on the Journey. What about your week. Has God shown up in the little things? Have you received some big blessings? Why not share and give Him some praise?

I'm also excited that my post, Celebrating the Fact God Made Us Unique, was featured at Richella Parham's Imparting Grace link-up.

Hey! We were created to be unique. Celebrate your specialness!




I'm linking with the community at Living to Tell the Story to join the writers at Friday's Fave Five. It's fun to go around and read everyone's highlights. (For one thing, I've learned a bunch about all the different herbal teas one can buy!)

Check out my latest post at Jerralea.com - Surviving at the Feet of Jesus




3 comments:

  1. I love your list of blessings. Praise God your mother is doing well and can be released to go home! And yay for no more required therapy. Huge relief I'm huge with these ridiculous gas prices. How fun to see the grands play in their respective games. I have had a rough 8 weeks so am going to check out your post about Surviving at the Feet of Jesus. Sounds like something i need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both medical mentions are good news! Jim's physical therapy and your mom's progress.
    Isn't it fun to watch the grandkids play a sport? I spent a few hours this week watching high school high jump.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know they made pillows specifically for side sleepers. I'll have to look for them. It's such a nice feeling to get new bedding. I know what you mean about the joy of crossing things off list. That's so great that your mom and husband are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.