Monday, January 4, 2021

Hello, 2021!





After a lollapalooza  of a year like 2020, it's time to choose a focus for 2021.

Read all about my choices for 2012-2018 here: Examing My One Word(s)




In January of 2019, I chose "consistent," as my One Word of the Year; but I was in the thick of things - working madly on my trilogy, deep in a personal study of "hesed," while simultaneously tackling Daniel, then Nehemiah for my bible study class. I was consistent in work, that was for sure! I realized later I never wrote much about consistent again - didn't even create a graphic.

In January of 2020, I was getting tired. Although "rest" had been my 2016 One Word, I still had much more to learn. I chose "Sabbath" for 2020's One Word with the idea I was declaring Saturdays as days to stay home, rest and delight in God.



It's hilarious when I go back and read the opening paragraph to my Hello, 2020! post.

My friends, we are starting not only a new year but a new decade. I feel very excited about it as I feel it will be a momentous year, not just personally but for everyone.

Little did I know. Little. Did. I. Know.

(And no, my spiritual gifting is not prophecy.)

And so, here we are, having all the feels about sheltering-in-place, shell-shocked from all the media bombshells, bewildered about ballots and whether we can trust elections ... well, it's a lot.

What each of us can control is where we put our focus. I'm choosing to put my focus on a very biblical principle:  "Seek."

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

I do not know what 2021 holds. No one does. But if we seek God first, what we need will be provided.

Have you chosen your focus for 2021? I'd love to know! Leave a comment and share! 

I pray each one reading this will feel a yearning to be ever closer to Our Lord in the coming year. If you don't know Jesus, please read here to find out how to meet Him.

~~~

And so, this post ends my 3-part series of end of the year posts, Remember, Reflect and Revive. Part 1 can be found here, and Part 2, here.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

~~~

I'm sharing this post at Inspire Me Monday 

9 comments:

  1. Choosing a word is not a practice for me. Instead, I let a word drop in my spirit. Last year's word was audacity. We'll see what drops this year.

    Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seek is a great word to choose! Happy 2021 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word 2021 is PERSEVERE!
    Trusting for grace to live it well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word for 2021 is: Prevail. My desire is that I would overcome the enemy with courage and strength; standing firm on God’s promises. May we both grow more deeply in Him as we lean on Him this coming year. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jerrelea, "seek", what a terrific word! The Lord actually gave me my word several weeks ago, "ENOUGH". In a nearly audible voice, He said to me, "You've always been enough for me; when will I be enough for you?" Wow! Affirmation and challenge rolled into one. Thanks and blessings for sharing your word and journey its path!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it!! I literally JUST posted my word of the year after work today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great word for the year. I'm not consistent with doing a word for the year. I admire all you disciplined people. but there is a word that keeps coming to me so far this year but I'm not quite ready to speak it out yet. It's a bit intimidating to me. Enjoy the year seeing what God will do in your heart with the word Seek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am comforted that you didn't choose momentous - or more than momentous! Last year's word was prayer, though I didn't write about it, but it felt like a Prayer 101 class. God's not finished with Prayer for me, but this year it is Redeeming Prayer. You are so right about keeping focused on him - that changes everything! Shalom in your 2021 Study God has enrolled you in! ~ Maryleigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha. Yes, I'm smiling as I read your opening to 2020. Little did any of us know! My word last year was Linger. I didn't realize how much we all would be forced to linger in place in 2020! I didn't even know it was possible. So my word this year is "Uncertainty." :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.