Friday, January 15, 2021

Fresh for the Journey

 


I’ve always loved Lamentations 3:22-23 which talks about fresh grace every morning. I claim that promise for myself and my loved ones.
 
But I’m excited to report I’ve found something else that can be fresh: Me!
 
Psalm 92:12-14 Amplified Bible
The righteous will flourish like the date palm [long-lived, upright and useful];
They will grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic and stable].
Planted in the house of the Lord,
They will flourish in the courts of our God.
[Growing in grace] they will still thrive and bear fruit and prosper in old age;
They will flourish and be vital and fresh [rich in trust and love and contentment]
 
If I’m in right standing with the Lord, and I’m planted in His house, dwelling in His courts, I can be flourishing, vital and prosperous even in my old age.
 
It’s not too late to be productive!
 
I will still be fruitful which is great news for my writing life.
 
The key, as always, is sticking as close to the Lord as I can.
 
I don’t know about other writers. I just know the writing I’m called to do – encouraging others – starts with being encouraged myself. I find that encouragement in His Presence, in His Word, and in His House.
 
What about you? Do you want to be fresh and flourishing even years later?

~~~

Oh, by the way ... here's a couple more scriptures on "fresh," which I love.

Psalm 92:10 The Passion Translation
Your anointing has made me strong and mighty.
You’ve empowered my life for triumph
by pouring fresh oil over me.

Isaiah 29:19 New Living Translation
The humble will be filled with fresh joy from the Lord. 
The poor will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

Lamentations 3:22-23 New English Translation
The Lord’s loyal kindness never ceases;
his compassions never end.
They are fresh every morning;
your faithfulness is abundant!


 

~~~


Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

~~~

I'm sharing this post at Five Minute Friday (where today writers are writing 5 minutes on the word, "fresh"

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fresh words from scripture. It's amazing how God provides the means to freshen up in His word daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and guess what? I was in the middle of writing a letter to a long time friend whom i haven't seen since summer 2020 and who struggles in the winter months (she lives about 2 hours west of me and so I rarely get to see her in person) and i was including a scripture for her...and it's the very portion of psalm 92 that you wrote here! I love this "fresh" look at these scriptures and your wonderful thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even long into the journey, we can rediscover our purpose and refresh our goals! God bless and keep you. FMF#36

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fresh word in due season!! thank you for sharing your perspective on "fresh". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT post and I absolutely love the scriptures that you shared, Jerralea! It was a blessing to visit with you today. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerralea, I definitely feel re-freshed after reading your post! But truly, the encouragement and scripture focus on being productive and fruitful even unto our old age is so life giving! You are really learning so much about "Fresh"! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the encouragement! Visiting from Joanne Viola's Days & Thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jerralea, how very encouraging to be reminded that as long as we are drawing breath, we have purpose here. May we stay rooted in Him for He will refresh us each and every day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.