Friday, February 28, 2020

Numerous Blessings: Here's Five

Today's journey is a little hard. When that happens, I find the best thing to do is remind myself of the blessings I possess as a believer. 

Yeah, I'm in a rough patch now, but hey! I'm a child of the King. My Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He's going to take care of me.

The benefits of being a believer are too numerous to count.
Today, I'm going to share 5 promises I'm claiming this week. They come from the Word of God. If I'm feeling overwhelmed, I find being in the Word keeps me anchored from slipping into pits of despair. His Word endures forever. It never returns void.  His promises are true, like this one:

#1 - He daily loads us with benefits. Psalm 68:19-20 NKJV teaches I can expect Him to show up every day, and also bring me salvation; BUT this one is a "two-fer" in the blessings department because when I read it in the New Living Translation it says this:


Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms. 
 Interlude
Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death.  Psalm 68:19-20 NLT

Don't you love it? He is carrying us in His arms! I can go a long time in the comfort of that thought.

#2 - He forgives all my sins; He heals all my diseases. I love these words of David:


Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. Psalm 103:1-3 NLT
Although I love this in the NLT, I do like that in the KJV, the word iniquities is translated in the place of sins. Iniquities has the added idea of faults. I am so appreciative that not only can my sin be forgiven but my failings and faults can be, too. I am a deeply flawed human being, yet I can be forgiven. This is so wondrous to me!

#3 - I have what I need. It might not always look that way - which is why I go on these weekly Friday blessing hunts - but my needs, and an incredible amount of wants, too, are provided.


By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.  We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3 NLT

#4 - I have the peace of Christ. No, the world around me may not understand it, but I can rest in Him knowing He has my back.


Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 NLT

Bonus points if you read the whole passage! Go here.

#5 - I am promised abundant life. 

Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant, so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:6-10 NLT

If you have thrown your lot in with the Good Shepherd, you can count on a rich and satisfying life in the things that matters. It might not always mean great wealth; but abundant living is so much more than material things.

Hey, these are just 5 favorite scriptures. There. Are. So. Many. More. Dive into the Word and see how many you can find!


~~~

Today's post is a combined effort. I'm joining the community at Friday's Fave Five to share 5 blessings; also, this post continues my series:


This is post #21 of my "Walk the Walk Christian Living Series," written from the perspective of a recovering perfectionist. You can go here to see the links of each post as they go live.

I'm also linking this post to the community at Grace&Truth. It's a wonderful place to go to read from some of my favorite bloggers!


9 comments:

  1. I love this post!! I don't. Know what you're dealing with but like you said, God is holding,you in His Arms. And another scripture i like is found in Zephaniah 3. God SINGS OVER us!!! How awesome is He?!

    Great list of faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these scripture promises. So grateful for God's love to get us through the rough times. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful things to list here. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that God's word anchors us. Without it how would we know what was truth or how much we are loved? Five great promises. Love the image of him carrying us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful, thoughtful post. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for the rough patch you're going through. But meditating on God's blessings and presence and love is such a good exercise in good times or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Psalms. I just finished reading through them and feel like I could just read them over and over. Yes, the Scriptures do help us through the 'rough patches'. We all have them; we just don't always mention them on our blogs, so it is good to be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great FFF. I'm sorry the road is a rough right now. Praying that God's strength and mercy carry you through. I loved the encouragement to turn to the Word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your rough patch. Those thankfuls are a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.