Friday, September 6, 2019

Lumps on a log ...

Today is Five Minute Friday! Writers write for 5 minutes on a one word prompt. To learn more, go here.

Today's word:  testimony.

GO

And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die. Revelation 12:11 (NLT)


This scripture is definitely one of my favorites. What it tells me is basically this: 


  • The Lamb does all the work
  • All I have to do is tell about it


Yet, for some reason, it is difficult to do so!



Did you ever notice when the Pastor says, "let's have a time of testimony," rarely will more than two or three get up and say anything?


It must make God sad. He has done so very much for us; yet we sit like lumps on a log before our Christian brothers and sisters, and can't come up with one thing to praise God!


I bet He is shaking His head.


After all, if we can't testify in front of our brothers and sisters, how in the world will we ever proclaim his name out in the world?


Today's world seems increasingly hostile to the followers of Christ. Could it be because our testimony is not being declared? 


Maybe they think so little of Christ because we tell so little about Him!

STOP


Do you find it easy to give your testimony? Is it possible our victory hinges on our testimony? Let me know your thoughts!


~~~

I'm sharing this post at the following communities: 

Five Minute Friday
Grace&Truth
InspireMeMonday
#TellHisStory


8 comments:

  1. You are right. We have so much to be thankful for! If we pause to take note of God's blessings we have a testimony--and we need to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree - how sad, and grieved, God must be when His children are so reluctant to share:( Challenging thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrgh! I don't want to be a lump on a log. Working on speaking out more about who He is and what He's done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so much to be said about sharing a testimony, isn't there? The truth is that everyday the way we live our lives in good times and hard, whether ill or in good health, in much or little, is a testimony. May our words that we share match and reflect a life that is being lived as testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jerralea, this is an important reminder to give thanks, to share our testimonies of His grace. We're so quick to ask Him for help yet so slow to offer praise ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in the south we say bumps on a log, but I know what you mean. He has help me over so many things healthwise and every way. My blog testifies of it. His love endures forever and He the Lamb and worthy of praise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always used to think that 'testimony' meant some formal speech that one gave to a congregation about how God changed a person from a sinner to Jesus-follower. But now I realize that my testimony is lived out in my life, the way I interact with others (especially difficult people); the ways I talk about the good God has done in my life and in the lives of my family members.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I hear the word "testimony," my heart begins to flutter, and I find myself at a complete loss of words. Yes, when I think about sharing who I love with all my heart, it is much more comfortable. Thank you for your encouragement and sharing with Grace & Truth Link-Up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.