Monday, July 8, 2019

Where Should We Pray? 5 Questions Series

Today is part 4 of my series, The 5 Questions of Prayer: Who, What, Why, Where and How.





Where do we pray? I think there are two answers to this: in the secret place, and everywhere you go.

Matthew 6:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.


Everyone needs a place where they can be alone and meet with God. Mine is my home office, and at work, it is the church library. If you don’t have one, ask God to help you find one now!


1 Thessalonians 5:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
pray without ceasing


We are told to pray without ceasing. Obviously, we can’t stay in the secret place all day – we must live life – so we must be in an attitude of prayer wherever we go.


I love praying in my car. It can become like a sanctuary on wheels!


And sometimes, on a stressful day, it can be good to run to the nearest bathroom, shut the door, and hit your knees!

Where is your favorite place to pray?



Be sure and check back next week for the final part of the series, How Do We Pray? (I personally think it's the most interesting!)


I'm linking this post up at Inspire Me Monday#TellHisStory and Let's Have Coffee

4 comments:

  1. Jerralea, hi! Yes, more and more I find myself praying throughout the day. Listening to the Spirit's prompts, doing something besides simply thinking about a situation that's troubling or a person in need.

    All these challenges are much better given to Him than carrying them myself ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray a lot too, but my prayer closet is the most powerful place, I experience a breakthrough there, that is is why the Lord made it my place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayer has been a recurring theme all around me this week. I have a great quote I need to copy and paste on your next post.
    Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love praying as I am walking. It is peaceful and I am able to listen without distractions. Good post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.