Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Someone to carry my load ... Advent Reflections




BECAUSE HE CAME ... I HAVE A BURDEN BEARER


Matthew 11:28-30 New Living Translation (NLT)28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Does the load you're under seem way too much for you?  Take it to Him.  No, He doesn't always take the burden away instantly, but He helps you carry it.  He gives you new perspective; and once a burden is given to Him, He sets things in motion that make everything work out in the best way.


Don't carry the load by yourself!



~~~


During the month of December, the Journey will be taking a hiatus. I'm adapting some of my 2012 series, "Because He Came" posts for your Advent reflections. 

Short but sweet, these devotional thoughts pack a punch of scripture followed by the realization, "Hey! I only have this blessing because He came and dwelt among men!"


Linking up with #TellHisStory

1 comment:

  1. For the grace of God appeared, bringing salvation for all people,...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.