Friday, September 21, 2018

Complete in Him


It’s Friday! Lovely Friday! Friday has rolled around again, and it is time to join in with the community of writers at Five Minute Friday who do a five minute free-write each Friday on a one word prompt.  Today’s word is:

COMPLETE

“… being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” Philippians 1:6



GO

It’s kind of funny today’s word would be complete, when just last night I completed Day 31 of the story I’m writing for October’s Write 31 Days Challenge.  I’m so excited about my first real attempt at Christian fiction, I can barely stand it.

It’s such a good feeling to be finished this far ahead of the game. Usually, I’m a “fly-by- the-seat-of-your-pants” writer; and if I have a weeks’ worth of posts completed ahead of time, I think I’m doing good. (The year I did a series of posts about feasting on both food and the word was a killer since I didn’t do my posts ahead of time! Oh, the pressure!)

The thing is, although the story is done, now there is editing and choosing graphics to do. So, I’m not really finished.

It’s not like the work Jesus is doing on me to become more like Him. No, that is a life-long process that will continue until the day of Jesus Christ. In other words, Jesus will be working on me until the day I am called Home or until Jesus comes to get me (and all His children), whichever comes first.

The thing is, although that has not happened yet, I am complete IN Christ. He’s already covered me with His blood, so when the Father sees me, He looks through the blood of Jesus, and I lack nothing.

On the outside, there is much more journey to travel.

STOP

What do you think? Can we ever in this life say we are “complete”? Where do you feel you are on your journey?

Leave a comment or link up your own post with the community at Five Minute Friday. I’d love to know your thoughts.
~~~




I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

I'm sharing this also with the communities at Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday and at Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on completing the drafts for your 31 Days series- that's amazing to be so far ahead! It's not always easy to complete those things but I am certainly grateful that God always finishes what he starts and that he is committed to seeing it through to completion. Visiting from FMF #24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Journey has been quite bumpy aover the last few years.. I keep getting told that Life is a Test. I just wish sometimes that I wasnt tested so much. But, I have a wonderful travelling companion.. who gives me strength and joy and I know He will be with me when I reach my destination.
    Keep up the good work with your writtings.. you are doing great
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm your neighbor at FMF; many apologies for my tardiness in commenting.

    I love this line: "He’s already covered me with His blood, so when the Father sees me, He looks through the blood of Jesus, and I lack nothing." Simply beautiful and a truth that I needed to be reminded of today. There's nothing I have to do, nothing I need to earn. His grace is sufficient.

    And that's so cool that you're doing a story for "31 Days!" I'll be reading along. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.