Saturday, August 18, 2018

Loved

This week's one word prompt from the FMF flash-mob of writers is:


LOVED



But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) Ephesians 2:4-5




My journey’s calling is to be an encourager; and so I write tons about God’s love, mercy and grace.

Sometimes I think I might overdo it; because God has two main facets of His personality: holiness and love.

Holiness cannot abide sin; in fact, He cannot have any sin in his presence.

Which is bad news for us. Not a one of us on our best day can come close to being in right standing on our own.

But the good news is, He made a way for us to be accepted through the blood of His dear Son, Jesus.

Paul tells us in Ephesians that we have been loved with a great love by a God who is rich in mercy.

And if I, who have been walking on this journey for 48 years, still need to be reminded of it, then I believe there are many others who need to have it said again and again:

Yes, you are loved.

Now go out and do everything with a motive of love for God, others and then yourself.

I can’t help but believe it will all turn out well.

 ~~~



I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.


Besides the Five Minute Friday crew, I'm also linking with the communities at Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday and Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth

4 comments:

  1. "Not a one of us on our best day can come close to being in right standing on our own.
    But the good news is, He made a way for us to be accepted through the blood of His dear Son, Jesus." Amen. Amen. Amen. Thanks for this wonderful and always needed reminder. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you fulfill your calling to be an encourager here online!
    It's been too long since I visited your place--summer takes me right off the rails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.