Monday, July 16, 2018

What to do when the enemy talks trash about you




On our journey to become more Christlike as we travel towards Home, it’s very easy to get discouraged about our progress.

We are often our own worst enemy and believe the lies the evil one speaks to our minds. I don’t know if the imps of hell spend all their time whispering lies to all of God’s children; but I’m pretty sure it is their main source of entertainment!

There is a simple solution to combatting the trash the enemy likes to talk to you. Apply the truth of God’s Word to any discouraging thought that comes to your mind.

My hubby’s grandma used to say this: “Thoughts are like birds. They may fly at you, but you don’t have to let them build a nest in your hair.”

In other words, take those thoughts captive and make them obedient to the Word.

For example, if the enemy says, “You’re a wreck,” you say, “I am God’s building.”

If the enemy says, “There is nothing good in you,” counter with, “I’m the Spirit of God’s dwelling place.

If the thought comes, “I am a loser,” remember, more than once, God says “You are an overcomer.”

If it’s whispered, “no one loves you,” come back with “I am loved.”

If you are made to feel like you’re not part of the group, remember, “I belong to God.”

If, after a mess-up, you feel like God is tired of you, remember this, “I’m loved with an everlasting love.”

If the enemy says, “Yeah, God only said that to the Jews,” remind him “all the promises made to the children of Israel belong to you, too.” You’ve been grafted into the Vine that nourishes the family.

If, the evil one whispers, “I’ve got you now!” say, “Since I’ve repented, I’m free of the evil one. He has no power over me!”

If you’re told, “you’re crazy – you’re not the sharpest knife in the drawer,” remind yourself God has given you a sound mind.

I could go on and on … but these are enough for today. Dwell on these thoughts. Meditate on them until you know them like the back of your hand.

I'll share more of these scriptures from time to time; because, it is vital to know who you are in Christ. You’re His masterpiece. It’s time to live like it.

What do you do when the enemy talks trash to you? Please share in the comments.

~~~


I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!


I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

Today, I'm linking with the communities at Inspire Me Monday, Trekking Through the Week and #FreshMarketFriday.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.