Monday, June 18, 2018

Why do bad things happen to good people?



Of course, I don't know why bad things happen to good people, but I do know the Lord is Sovereign. He has a plan and purpose for everything that happens to us. When something bad happens, I find it helpful to remember these things:



  • He has a plan. "But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken." Psalm 33:11 (NLT)
  • His plan is for my ultimate good. "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 (NLT) It may not feel good at the time, but later I will be able to look back and see that it worked out for the best.
  • He plans my bad time will not last forever. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all." Psalm 34:19 KJV Did you see that word "all" there? You will be delivered out of EVERY affliction that you experienced - in God's timing.


In my life, I've experienced some bad things, some major: an alcoholic father, a time of infertility, a spouse who became disabled with bi-polar disorder. I've had to pray and seek God for years for deliverance.

It took 17 years for my father to be delivered from alcohol and ten years for the curse of infertility to be broken.

I'm still seeking the Lord for total healing for my husband; however, he is much improved in these last few years!

When bad times come, I remember the times when God delivered. His promise is sure. He will deliver again. I will keep pressing on. 



Deliverance is sweet, no matter how long it takes!

[adapted from an earlier post]
~~~



I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.


If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

I'm linking this post to Anita's Inspire Me Monday and Char's Trekking Through the Week.

5 comments:

  1. Pressing on here, too. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We won't know the answer to this and many other questions until we get to heaven. In the meantime, we know He's there with us through the good and the bad.
    Thanks for sharing this encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

  3. That's a great question to ponder. I just wrote a blog post about the same thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah.......the concept of sin and the fallen State of humankind and how bad things do happen to good people. Our pastor did a whole sermon series on this and basically we learned that yes, sometimes the bad is because of natural consequences, non-related consequences, and the sins of others which negatively trickle down to us. We will get our answers in heaven and yay for pressing toward the Prize!! Great post!,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. God's timing isn't always ours, but He always gets it right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.