Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Committed to Peace


“This exile is just like the days of Noah for me:
    I promised then that the waters of Noah
    would never again flood the earth.
I’m promising now no more anger,
    no more dressing you down.

For even if the mountains walk away and the hills fall to pieces,
My love won't walk away from you,
my covenant commitment of peace won't fall apart.
The God who has compassion on you says so"
Isaiah 54: 9 - 10 The Message

Now THAT'S commitment, y'all!

Yes, there might be earthquakes, but He will still be there. Things might fall to pieces, but He will be there offering you wholeness.

I like the sound of that phrase - covenant commitment of peace. He's committed to peace. When everything seems in an uproar, when voices of defeat are harping at us, He will be speaking words of peace.




Sometimes, He even has us go through a time of exile ... but it's only temporary. Sin requires judgement. When we won’t listen and repent, He has no choice but to get our attention… But then, He has compassion on us. Compassion means sympathy, but it's more than that. It's also a desire to alleviate the distress.

You see, He has promised, even decreed, that for God's servants everything works out for the best in the end.

Everything.

Will you trust Him?

~~~

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.


If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.


~~~

I'm sharing this post with the community at Char's Trekking Through the Week.

* adapted from an earlier post

4 comments:

  1. peace!! only through Christ. I loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And his peace is the kind of peace I want; the one that transcends understanding!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from Char's linkup. My favorite peace scripture is Isaiah 26.3-4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Jerralea! He is the rock when all else is giving way ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.