Thursday, April 26, 2018

AmaZing Wonderful Love



On our journeys, we are told to focus our thoughts on true, lovely, and excellent things to keep us from falling into sin.

If you get your eyes on the muck and the mire around you, your spirits will sink like a stone and it will be easy to fall into the pit the evil one devises for you.

One of the best things I know to keep me in a good frame of mind is to meditate on scripture - especially those that point out the qualities and attributes of the Lord.

If I know the good things about my God, it gives me hope!

For example, here is a great scripture to meditate on:



Answer my prayers, O Lord,    
for your unfailing love is wonderful.
Take care of me,     
for your mercy is so plentiful.
Psalm 69:16 NLT


Here we see several things about our God: He loves us unfailingly (we've already talked about that); His love is wonderful; He will take care of us because He has mercy; and His mercy is plentiful!

Wonderful means full of wonder. Our hearts should be full of wonder when we contemplate His love. We know we don't deserve it, but He loves anyway. 

He didn't set boundaries of who He would love; but rather, WHO-SO-EVER wants to be His, can!

Instead of listening to the whispers of the enemy telling me I'm not enough; I choose to meditate on my Wonderful God who will always love me.

Wonderful is just another word for AmaZing!



Be encouraged on your journey Home to AmaZing Love. It. Will. Be. Worth. Everything!
Check back here every day for new links. I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

~~~

I'm linking this post with some awesome writers at Brenda Bradford Ottinger's Chasing Community Link-up 

2 comments:

  1. Jerralea - Our hearts should be full of wonder when we contemplate His love. YES! YES - YES.. I really enjoyed reading your post today. We are neighbors at #ChasingCommunity Linkup

    PS.. if you are looking for another place to link to on Thursday's I would love if you would consider joining my new linkup #TuneInThursday - it opens Thursday 3am PST and runs through Sunday night. you can find it at debbiekitterman.com/blog (Please feel free to delete the link if you think it inappropriate).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the scripture refers to God as Wonderful Counselor :) It is always good to meditate on scripture :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.