Friday, March 23, 2018

Recent Thankfuls


It’s always good to take stock along the path of life; and, one of the best ways for reflection is to join in with the Friday’s FaveFive group of bloggers.

The idea is to find 5 highlights, or thankfuls, in your life. It’s easy!

Although I have been busily working on my upcoming series, His AmaZing Love from A to Z, scheduled to begin April 1st, there is still time to stop and see the blessings in everyday life. Big or small, they are begging to be found.

1. Of course, a MiMi’s post of thankfulness must include her grandchildren! Here are the twins in their spring pics:






Don’t they look much older than 3 years and 9 months?




And of course, the cutest 8-month-old ever!  Love her dark eyes!

I know. I know. Yours are the cutest, too.

2.  Here in the heartland of America, Spring has arrived. Sort of. She likes to come with sunny days in the upper 50s and even 60s. Then she retreats to bone-chilling rainy dreary days. Such a tease!





She did leave these flowers, though …

3. One of my little joys in life is participating in the Mercy House Earring of the Month Club. I like knowing I’m helping mothers work their way out of poverty by creating jewelry. I like knowing each month I get a new pair of earrings! Of course, sometimes they are not my style, but most of the time I can use them. I was wanting some earrings with tassels on them. Here is my March surprise:





If you’d like to help this worthy cause, go here to find out all about it!

4.  I love me some stories. I realized this when the Winter Olympics was on. My favorite sport was the figure skating, but I watched all the coverage every chance I got because I loved hearing the stories about the athletes.

Recently, the American Idol television started a new season and I realized again, for me, it was all about the stories. I’m not into pop music but I sure do love all the clips of the different contestants sharing their hopes and dreams and struggles with us.

Must be why I’m into blogging. I love sharing my story with you, and I love reading all the stories out there in cyberspace. Keep sharing!

5. I may, or may not, have shared on the blog before how our family tries to have dinner together frequently. Thursdays are our Family Night where everyone comes that can, and the ones who live near me come on Mondays and Tuesdays as well.

Therefore, I need recipes that can feed a crowd. I picked a winner last week, and I’m thankful the Pioneer Woman came up with it. Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells are totally yum. You might want to check it out.

You’re welcome.

How’s your Journey going? I’d love to hear all about it! Leave a comment, or visit Susanne’s space, Living to Tell the Story, and link up a post of your own.

~~~

Thanks so much for taking time out of your Journey to visit mine. I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe? It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
~~~
I'll also be linking this post to the communities at Brenda's Chasing Community, Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth, and Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are able to have such a gathering for dinner. I wish my children lived closer. They are about an hour away. Spring is teasing us here in New England also. Well, it's more like winter just won't let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, what sweet "faves," Jerralea. The little ones are adorable. Love your idea of the family meals. Lately, I've been thinking about having a once-a-month family meal/get together. It's harder with adult children, and especially when some live out of town. I like your idea of a weekly one better, though! :) (I don't think my out-of-town son could swing that right now though, unfortunately.) Thanks for sharing all your favorites. ((Hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jerralea, I enjoyed reading your thankfuls. Look at how big those twins are getting. They look so grown up. How nice to have those standing family meals on the calendar. Hope your Easter week is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.