Friday, February 23, 2018

Beauty by Chance?


When I think of beauty, the first thing that springs to mind is the beauty of nature. I love the world God made for us to live in!

This time of year, I naturally get antsy thinking of soon-to-be road trips where the hubs and I can go for drives and visit parks and walk trails and just sit in the fresh air and contemplate the beauty He has made.

What I find incredible is some have said all this beauty in nature just an accident resulting from some big bang and its subsequent evolution!

To me, that is preposterous anyone could believe such a thing!


19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Romans 1:19-29 NLT

The truth is, there is a Master Designer who lovingly took six days to create a world of wonder!

Sunrises



Sunsets



The glory of painted leaves




The beauty of flowers

 

Even a pristine white landscape from time to time.



What about the glorious atmosphere above?
 

The sun and the moon guarding us day and night?



 
How is it the earth is perfectly positioned from the sun to receive its life-giving rays of sunshine?

How is it the earth rotates to give us night and day?

How foolish to believe no One was behind all this beauty!

~~~

Today, I'm joining as flash-mob of writers who gather every Friday to write 5 minutes on one word. This week, the word is "beauty." I wrote for 5 minutes, but have to confess it took way longer than 5 minutes to share these photos of the beauty in my part of the world - but I had to share! Who can believe these landscapes were just there by chance?


For more insight into the word "beauty," go here to see what the FMF community shared.

3 comments:

  1. Jerralea, your photos tell the story of God’s gift of beauty to us! Created, designed, planned.....no question in my mind! Cindy Wilkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for some better weather for walking and road trips, too. Love the beauty of the world God created for us to enjoy and that points back to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos! God's glory is certainly shown in nature. Did you take those pictures?
    I hope you have a wonderful time on your trips, enjoying the artistry that was made just for you!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.