Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Matter of Perspective ...

The other day, my husband picked up Brody and Baylee from Pre-K. He told me later Brody cried all the way home because he wanted to ride the school bus.

He's never ridden on a school bus.

I just shook my head. If I'd been picked up from school and saved from riding the school bus, I'd have been bouncing with happiness!

My bus route lasted a whole hour - one way.

Two hours a day of my life ... wasted!

Plus, bus rides were hot and sweaty and filled with noisy kids who get their jollies by picking on you. Not that I'm bitter or anything ...

However, Brody doesn't realize the drawbacks of bus riding. After all, his favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round." He just thinks it would be really cool to have a bus ride.

PaPa knew he was doing Brody a favor, but Brody didn't understand.

It's just a matter of perspective.

I can't help but think we all are the same as Brody. We whine and cry for something we think would be so fun to do. We often think God is holding out on us and not letting us have something that is really not a big deal. It would make life so enjoyable. Why can't we have it?

God knows sometimes our heart's desire is not the best thing for us. He is really doing us a favor by withholding that oh-so-hoped-for request.

Think about it - why would the One who has given His Son for us hold out on us now, unless it was for the best?

He fills my life with good things.
Psalm 103:5a NLT

He's a good, good Father, you know ...


~~~

This post is linked up at the #TellHisStory community.

3 comments:

  1. We are not always in sync with what God has for us. So thankful He is a good Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this illustration! I, too, used to absolutely hate taking the school bus. Back in the day they crammed us in like sardines both in the seats and standing in the aisles. It all comes down to knowing God is good and trusting in His goodness towards us, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great illustration! And, yes, it is all a matter of perspective.

    Your post also reminded me of the many hours of my left spent on school buses. My family was the first picked up in the morning and the last dropped off in the afternoon. My brother and I started getting off at an earlier stop in the afternoons and cutting thru the woods to race the bus home...just to decrease the amount of time spent on the bus each day. LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.