Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Day by Day # 21



Therefore we do not lose heart. 
Even though our outward man is perishing, 
yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16 NKJV


You are either growing or dying. That's a fact. There is nothing static in nature. 

Once you hit your peak in development, your physical body begins to decline a little bit each day. So depressing! (Even if sixty is the new forty!)

Not so, the real you, the inner spiritual you. You can be renewed day by day, growing more and more into the masterpiece God is crafting.

That phrase, day by day, stuck out to me. It reminds me of a little chorus stuck in my brain:

Day by day, oh, dear Lord, three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly, day by day
(lyrics: Godspell)

Turns out it was from the play Godspell, which I have not seen, nor do I know much about the play. However, I think the words are powerful and something all of us could pray.

After all, I want to see Him clearer, love Him more, and follow Him closer. Don't you?

He says draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. What a great promise!

Think about it - the Creator of the Universe wants to spend time with us. Blows my mind!




~~~


This is Day #21 of prompts from 30 Days of Thanks-Living. You can see the entire list at Crystal's An Invitation to 30 Days of Thanks-LivingAlthough Crystal's list is for her Facebook group, I'm blogging on her prompts. 

Want to read more praises? Look over in my sidebar and see a featured post from 2014. I'm still praisin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.