Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Bottled-up tears




You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?
Psalm 56:8 NKJV


Many, many years ago, a group of us were praying at the altar with a lady in our church whose husband had passed away with cancer. I'd heard of tear-stained altars before but this time I saw actual pools of water left on the bench when she arose. I can still see those blobs of tear drops puddled up on the bench's varnished surface in my mind's eye.

We serve such an intimate God, He even collects our tears in His bottle. He goes on to make note of it His journal. How can we ever think He doesn't care when He pays such close attention to us?

Why, He even numbers the hair on our head. (I find that thought so amazing!)

He's an all-powerful, all-knowing God, the all-sufficient one as in the God of More Than Enough. 

And if that's not enough, one of His names is the "God-Who-Sees-Me."

Are you going through a difficult time? Talk to our Father about it. He not only pays attention, but we have His word He cares.


~~~

I'm linking this post at Soul Survival, Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth and #TellHisStory because His story tells us He is intimately involved in the lives of His children.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea! What a privilege to accompany someone in their darkest hour. How wonderful that she felt so comfortable with all of you that she could freely cry. Those tears are collected by the Lord and will be changed to joy someday. What a beautiful story.
    I agree that God is intimately involved in our lives, so much more than I'll ever realize. May he bring peace to us all on our journeys, and bring us back to him in time...
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many tears not seen by any humans that God sees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe there may be a lake in heaven called Lake Betty with the tears God has collected of mine :) It is amazing how he knows the number of our hairs and when you start thinking that he knows the number of ALL people's hairs, its more amazing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...He even numbers the hair on our head. (I find that thought so amazing!"

    Jerralea, it is amazing to me too. Sometimes what we think is an unimportant detail does matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Jerralea. May we allow ourselves that grace for our griefs and sorrows so we can authentically offer that freedom to weep to others without trying to fix, change, or adjust their circumstances.

    A blessed post, for sure, friend ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.