Monday, December 12, 2016

The Morning Page

The other day, I was listening to Casting Crowns singing the song, "Does Anybody Hear Her," and the phrase, 

"searching for the hope that tucked away in you and me,"

leaped out at me. I thought about that hope inside me... It's been there for a very long time.

One of my earliest memories is being in Children's Church and singing the song, "Behold, I Stand at the door and Knock, Knock, Knock." (I'm not sure if that is the exact title, but you get the idea.) We would act out the song and turn around and knock on the metal folding chairs that we had been sitting in.

I really believed the promise, 

" If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in..."

And so that blessed hope has been tucked away in me ever since.

He's there, because I opened the door.

The question is, "How hard is it for someone searching to see that hope in me?"




(Subscribers will need to click through to my blog to see the video.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea! I know exactly what song you are referring to, I used to play a tape for my kids in the car (It was a long time ago!) and that song was on it.
    It's a beautiful thing to know that hope is in your heart. If we all can agree that the Spirit lives in us, than all of the fruits are there too, including hope. It's something that's sorely needed in the world and in our country today, isn't it? It's calming to know that in spite of everything we do, God is with us. Emmanuel.
    May you and your family (especially those beautiful grandchildren!) have a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebration. Let's stay connected in 2017 too.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I remember that song too. It is such a vivid picture. I don't know if you remember reading this, but you reminded me I posted it over a year ago. Hope it encourages you like it did me.

    http://www.christinemalkemes.com/ask-seek-and-knock/

    Have a very Merry Christmas and may the Loft have an excellent New Year.....lol good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a huge painted backdrop on the platform of the church I went to as a teenager and it was a painting of Jesus at a door with those words on it. A vivid image in my memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.