Friday, August 26, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up and F.F.F.

Hello everyone, and happy Friday. I hope your week has been lovely and fruitful.

It's long been my practice to end my week by looking back and counting my blessings. I highly recommend doing so. Big or small, these blessings add joy to the journey.

This week brought the culmination of a lot of my previous busy activity.

Saturday was our first ever Leadership Conference at my church. It went very well and already there are things we are planning for the next one. Leadership is one of my very favorite subjects, both to teach and to learn. A leader is always learning!

Sunday was one of those days when the house was full and everyone was upbeat. The Lord ministered beautifully during all the services. I. Love. My. Church.

Wednesday was my turn to speak in midweek services and we continued our study on James, focusing on chapter two. I love James so much, but he writes some strong stuff. As my buddy Dayna says, "James is hard-core," so his teachings are perfect for a Wednesday night crowd (who are usually your more committed believer).

So now, a little sigh of relief, my work on James 2 is done ... but not for long because James 3 and next month are already looming on the horizon.

I do so love studying the Word, don't you?




Another joy this week was my time with the twins. Baylee is so sweet and wanting to give kisses all the time, whereas Brody loves to be a clown. He loves to make faces at dinner and then look to see if we noticed. I also think it's adorable when he finishes and holds his plate up and asks "Mort?" (more). They are good eaters which, of course, always brings joy to this Mimi's heart.

Don't we all love to feed those we love?

Another thing I've been doing this week is reading Shelly Miller's "Rhythm of Rest." Love this book which will be available soon. You can read more about it in my post, Books, Books and more Books. She has definitely been giving me food for thought. I admit this is a tough topic for Type A personality such as mine.

And on a more shallow note ... my stylist gave me an adorable cut last night. I think it's her best work yet. I just feel much more positive when my hair looks good.

And so wraps up another week on the Journey ... What about you? Did you have any special joys pop up in the midst of your busy? I'd love to know! Leave a comment, or share your story at Susanne's space, Living to Tell the Story. I know she'd love you to participate.

I'll also be sharing this post at #FreshMarketFriday and Word of God Speak, two wonderful communities for the Christian blogger.


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for some encouraging words along your journey. They give me impetus to look into my journey and see what the Lord has done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a study of James from Warren Wiersbe's book Be Mature: Growing Up in Christ. I think I got more from James this time around than ever before.

    Your grandkids are growing so fast!

    I love when my hair is cut just right - leaves me feeling much more confident and at ease about my appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely blessings this week - and those twins are adorable!! Made me think about the wee ones coming to us :)

    Rhythm of Rest sounds like a very interesting book. I'll have to read your book post to learn more.

    I had my hair cut a couple of weeks ago too - I know just what you mean! It's so nice to have a stylish cut.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat to hear the twins have a good appetite. Meal times I'm sure are fun times. It is always good indeed to study God's word.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. now you MUST post a pic of your new hair cut!!! i love new styles!

    those twins sure are getting big and they are so adorable!! I just love their names.

    yay for good Bible studies....I am taking a break from neing a small group leader starting in Sept but I might join one of the womens Bible study groups that meet at the church on Wed evenings. It all depends on my youngest daughters ballet schedule. 😀

    I am currently doing a short devo study on the thought process from God...about our own thoughts and how they can help or hinder us...it has been interesting.

    enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. James is a straight shooter. He doesn't mince words. I know every single time I study James I am convicted. Lord knows I am trying to tame those vices that James warns us about but we are human and this is flesh. :(
    Some day my friend! we will be made perfect. Until then I will keep studying and working on myself.
    Loved the picture of the twins. Doesn't seem like they should be that big. My, time flies...
    So wonderful that you love your church and that the Lord is using you in such awesome ways!
    Have a great weekend and hope you get a road trip soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love studying The Word, too. I think we're going to be studying I Corinthians this fall (Precepts)
    Those twins are just too cute times two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing about your involvement in your local church. It sounds like such a vibrant fellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good full week with a great variety of joys. Your twins are getting so big. I suppose everyone says that! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was some great things happening in your week. I love the Word too and James is one of my favorites. Haven't studied it formally in a while. May have to look into doing it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So grateful to hear how God is using you in your faith community, friend! What an encouragement and blessing to hear what He's doing with His daughters ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.