Monday, May 23, 2016

Daybook: 05.23.16

For Today, Monday, May 23rd



Looking out my window I see sunshine and my blooming rose bushes. I feel happy and contented.

I am thinking what a beautiful week this is going to be. I wish it would have been like this last week when I was off but God knows what is best for me.

I am thankful I have a job to come back to after a stay-cation ... and that I have another stay-cation coming up in July 1!

One of my favorite things to do with my girls is to go yard-saling. We went for the first time this year on Saturday. We all found a few treasures and had a good day just spending time together.

I am wearing white jeans, royal blue top, black cami with a white "statement" necklace.

I am creating my own art for my posts using pictures I have taken on past road trips and then editing them in PicMonkey. It's almost as much fun as writing!

I am listening to Chris Tomlin on Pandora. Love his songs,  "How Great is Our God," "I will Follow You," ... well I could go on and on.

I am hoping to do better on my steps for my FitBit this week.

I am learning to tone down the crazy - by that I mean not expect so much of myself. It's a really hard lesson, though.

In my kitchen I will be making hot-dog roll-ups and baked beans for dinner tonight. I will also slice up some strawberries to have with angel-food cake. Mondays need to be simple for me - especially my first day back from being off work.

Post Script - You might want to see this post on spiritual disciplines by my friend, Michele Morin: Beginners All our Lives.


Shared Quote 

Seen on the back of a tithe envelope: "Every Saint has a past … Every Sinner has a future!"

Seriously, I'm the bookkeeper at my churches and I really did see this written on the back of a tithe envelope when I was posting tithes. I don't know who said it but it's true.

A moment from my day





We had a gorgeous day at the lake last week. I like this pic I captured of the ducks.

Closing Notes:
I hope both you and I have a beautiful, fun-filled, amazing week filled with good thoughts, delicious food and challenging conversations. What is your plan for the week?

~~~~


The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can join in by linking at her site, The Simple Woman.

5 comments:

  1. l love PicMonkey and yard sales.
    I'm working on upping my steps too.
    I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PicMonkey is a cute site; I just recently found it a few months ago :) I think it is a fun hobby you and your girls enjoy doing together. I remember holding garage sales and moms/daughters would come together. They would have so much fun looking at things :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always just seem to find the junk at yard sales instead of the treasures. So I don't go. Glad you are working on attaining some balance. We ladies tend to keep our plates too full.
    Barbara, blogging at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't contentment just the most delightful gift to receive?

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot dog roll ups makes me hungry now. :)
    Enjoy each moment of your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.