Friday, February 20, 2015

Open My Eyes


I love the worship song, "Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord." It truly is my prayer:

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy
(Michael W. Smith)

Because the truth is, in our natural state, we really can't see Him. We really don't even know our ownselves unless He reveals it to us.  No one is easier to fool than ourselves. We can justify, rationalize and make excuses for everything we do.

But if He opens our spiritual eyes, we see our need of Him. We see the beauty in the grace He offers us and we tremble at the knowledge. Once we understand how depraved we are, then it is so miraculous that He'd even want to give us the time of day - let alone the grace, redemption and precious promises He extends to all who would take Him up on the offer.

He is so indescribably precious and beautiful. I'm praying for open eyes today.

STOP






5 Minute Friday is now hosted by Kate at the blog "heading home." This is meant to be a free write, which means: no editing, no over-thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation. 

Just write.

Also, the most important rule is that you visit the blog of the person who linked up before you and leave some encouragement.  That’s the most fun of all, and the heart of this community.

2 comments:

  1. So true! We do need to have him open our eyes to him indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! and that's one of my fave songs!! thanks for sharing this.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.