Thursday, November 20, 2014

Five Things

Because I love to indulge my love of listing, today, I'm participating in Writer's Workshop and I chose prompt 4. Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.




Things You Don't Know About Me (This may be difficult because I have written extensively about my life for the last 6 years!)

1.  I had a secret crush on Paul McCartney of the Beatles.  (I know ... along with a million other girls.)

2.  Then, I developed a crush on Glen Campbell.  My uncle, who worked at an airlines, ran into Glen's roadies and got them to give him a signed poster from Glen Campbell for me.  It was my prized possession for a long time, but I must have outgrown my crush because I don't know what happened to the poster. (My affections for Glen were before Tanya Tucker came onto the scene!)

3.  I studied the violin for three years but gave it up when I broke my arm.  (This is not a surprise to my friends that I see in real life because I always use this fact at parties where they play games having everyone write down something about themselves and then we all try to guess who. I don't know what that game is called unless it is Torture.)

4.  I am a FlyBaby.  Yes, I subscribed to FlyLady.net for a long time.  I feel I have graduated so I don't get the emails anymore; but I love her and feel that if only I had thought of the idea first, I could have been the FlyLady.

5.  Over the years I've worked for a politician, a doctor (dentist), a lawyer, a banker and a preacher.  If my next boss is an Indian who dabbles in candlemaking while being a butcher on the side, I'll have pretty well encompassed all professions.

Things I'm Knowledgeable About (Knowledgeable, not expert, right?)

1.  Organizing - I do it every day and in every area of my life.  Then for fun, I will read every book, blog and magazine article I can find about the subject.

2.  Church offices - I've been running a church office  for over years - two different ones, two different states, two different denominations.  

3.  I'm a life-long student of the bible. I'm knowledgeable but I have a long way to go.  My goal is to be ever-learning up to the last day of my Journey.

4.  Cooking:  I know the basics and can do most things well. I also know I'm not near as enthusiastic about it as I used to be!

5.  My husband:  I feel I know him inside and out and can pretty well know what he is going to do before he even does it.  Of course, he likes to throw me a curve-ball now and then - that's what makes life interesting!

Things I Know Nothing About

1.  Scuba diving

2.  Chemistry

3.  Trigonometry 

4.  Physiology

5.  Engines

Things I believe

1. As soon as you say there is something one can't do, that person immediately wants to do it.

2.  As soon as you think there is no point to cleaning your house today, who's going to see it? The. Doorbell. Will. Ring.

3.  As soon as you think you have plenty of time to do that dreaded task, something will happen to steal your time and you are then left with egg on your face.

4.  As soon as you come up with a plan to save extra money, an appliance will break down, or your husband will insist the car needs new tires TODAY.

5.   As soon as you think you have plenty of time to get right with God,  or make things right with someone who is upset with you, or to do that thing you've always wanted to do, you'll find out time is running out. Why wait?


Mama's Losin' It



If you'd like to link up and share five things about YOU, visit Kat's blog at Mama's Losin' It.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea! I just love your sense of humor! You used to play the violin? That's so cool! Whenever I hear a symphony, or background music on a CD, I always cue in on the violin. It's so pretty!

    I think I know my husband pretty well too, but those curve balls just keep coming :)
    Happy Thursday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a life long learner is so admirable, especially when it comes to the Bible!

    And I know all too well about the dreaded door bell ring. Everything's good now that I'm an empty nester, but when my kids were young I would always get caught in a mess of sorts. Then, I would feel quite embarrassed and get everything tidied up right after they left. And then the door bell wouldn't ring until.... you get the picture!

    It's been fun getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "As soon as you think you have plenty of time to do that dreaded task, something will happen to steal your time and you are then left with egg on your face."...this is me, more times than I care to admit!

    I enjoyed getting to know more about you, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun to read. I liked the items you didn't know anything about; I can agree with that list myself.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to play the violin but gave it up after high school. Science and maths subjects too are beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Things I Believe list was great and so true.
    I used to do Flylady too but with the different time zone the emails always came too late, like at bed time.
    BTW, my crush was George Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I can relate, especially on the appliance issue! The holidays are coming, full-steam ahead, and our clothes dryer decided to go to Maytag heaven..maybe hell!

    Well-written and so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could write a 2-page comment on your post today!! Paul was my favorite too but for some reason, I can't remember, I switched my affections to Ringo. When he married , then it was George. After that I lost interest. I played violin all throughout high school and some viola in my senior year. I'm partial to stringed instruments. I played guitar as a young adult and now a dulcimer. Loved your post. So much fun to learn about you! I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure glad that there is somebody out there who is organized! I have difficulty with that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember checking out the FlyLady a few years ago...I gave it a try, but couldn't keep up. I'm a terrible organizer/cleaner. Wish I were better at that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.