Monday, September 22, 2014

Daybook: 09.22.14

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

Outside my window... a lovely cool fall morning. The windows are open to the fresh air.

I am thinking... I'm so excited for this week - a lovely staycation at home.  We are planning a day-trip for later in the week and the rest of the time I will be right here - fluffing and enjoying my nest.

I am thankful... for paid vacations!

In the kitchen... ribs tonight. I hope to be doing some experimenting of new recipes this week as well as putting up some batches of dumplings for the freezer.

I am wearing... blue jean bermudas and a lime green and gold tee. And I'm barefoot ... because I can!

I am creating... some blog posts and some collage pictures of the grands

I am going... no where!

I am reading... well, I'm starting a new book, "Fear has a Name" by Creston Mapes.  I've been advised that once I start, I won't be able to put it down.  I've saved it specifically for vacation for that reason.

I am looking forward to... all the fun things I am going to do this week.  Come visit my blog on Friday and see what I've been doing.

Around the house... projects waiting to be done.

I am pondering... what should be at the top of my to-do list.

A favorite quote for today...

"Home interprets heaven - Home is heaven for beginners." Charles Henry Parkhurst 
Maybe that is why I'm so passionate about home.  It is just a teeny tiny foretaste of my heavenly Home.

One of my favorite things... early mornings.  I love the start of a new day filled with plenty of possibility. I function best in the mornings.  It seems to be the time of day when I get the most ideas.  It's also when I have the most energy.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Each day I will get up and peruse my master to-do list and pick the ones I want to do that day.  If the list doesn't get done, no worries. I will save it for my next staycation in October.

A peek into my day ...



Pretty in pink!

Melts his grandpa's heart!

The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  If you would like to link up, visit her blog, The Simple Woman.

9 comments:

  1. The best vacation of all is the one where you stay home and "fluff your nest" Love it! I am visiting from the Simple Woman's Blog...have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to a staycation soon but this weekend will be the one we take every year that I get to sit on a deck in the Ozark mts and converse with my Lord!
    Can't wait to see what you have been up to. However, It will be Sunday night before I get to visit as this weekend will be "unplugged". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun staycation, as if I needed to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you have a staycation week at home this week, Jerrale! I especially love that you are going to enjoy fluffy up your nest!

    And those grandbabies are adorable! It is hard to believe how much they've grown already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A staycation sounds delightful. The baby pics are just precious! I hope you enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the stayvacation! I hope you accomplish what you want to accomplish and enjoy a bit of a break too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly wait to see what you get to do on your stay-cation ! Oh to set aside time to do what you love doing , what fun ! Have a blessed week ! Lora

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your day. He's SOOOOOO cute! Staycations are great, as long as I'm not using them to do major projects around the house. I'm not a fan of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your staycations! Often those are the best. You don't have to pack and prepare for a trip - just relax and do what you want. I'll be sure to check in on you Friday to see what adventures you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.