Friday, July 18, 2014

F.F.F. - 07.18.14

Time to recap the week!

1.  We've had a great week here on the Journey.  The temps have been mild and the air feels delicious! Next week is predicted we will be back into sweltering temps but while it's still nice I'm enjoying it. We are having a church barbecue this Saturday and the weather should be awesome.

2. First dip in the pool:  Jim and Liss have been working hard to get her pool open despite some setbacks. Saturday, we all enjoyed it for the first time.  I loved it and made plans to go over and swim each weeknight but it just didn't happen.  I'm too busy for a pool!

3.  Some little joys and successes this week: Accomplishing some goals such as finally getting caught up with some bookkeeping, a new organizational tool - a whiteboard calendar hung on my office wall, putting some of the twins' photos in some frames, doing an errand I'd been putting off for months - these are the things that make me happy!


Love displaying pictures of my cuties!


4.  Favorite post:  The main reason I am a blogger is that I love to write!  Sometimes, I lose sight of the sheer joy of sharing a story.  This week I took a trip down memory lane and recalled a favorite childhood activity in my post, It's A Different World.  I love writing nostalgic pieces, it's almost like going home again.

5.  Quote of the Week:  

If you sometimes feel out of place on planet earth, remember that you are a citizen of heaven. What you feel is a longing for your native land. 
... David Jeremiah, Turning Point Devotional, July 17, 2014

We Christians are supposed to stand out.


And so ends another week on the Journey.  How did YOUR week go?  Leave a comment or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.




10 comments:

  1. Our neighbours have a pool and love having us come over. We really enjoy it. But I must admit I love the beach the best. And since we live on an island, beaches are never far away.

    Glad you got some organizing done - that always makes me feel better.

    Sweet picture!!

    Hope you have a great weekend - have fun at your barbeque!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a little cooler here, too - so nice in the middle of the summer.

    Good for your for accomplishing some goals! That always feels good.

    Love the last quote. It's very similar to one from C. S. Lewis. How often we need to be reminded that this is just a temporary stopover, not our real home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great quote from David Jeremiah. His church he pastors is about 30 miles from here; I never thought of visiting it, should do so some time. I remember listening to his radio program when I lived in Montana and was exercising in the early morning hours. Such a gifted Godly man.

    Adorable pictures of your grand babies!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your Friday Five. The twins are just precious. I like to write too but it seems inspiration is slow in coming these days! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that quote! So true and a good thing to remember!

    I love listening to the joy in your words as you write anything about your sweet grandkids!

    I would love a pool. I'd be in it constantly. My hubby, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jerralea! You can keep those photos of the twins coming as far as I am concerned. I love them! Nothing like grandchildren :)

    The weather seems to be similar to here. It's been nice not to use the air conditioner, but I think that time will pass pretty soon. On to real summer weather!

    Sorry you missed out on the pool. I have only used my pool pass once this year, I better get going to make sure I get my use out of it.

    Have a peaceful night,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather has been amazing too! I've loved it.

    That quote is such a blessing for me right now. I'm printing it out and giving it to my daughter. She needs this reminder. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay pool! We've talked about buying a house with a pool, but I have a feeling I'd be the same way--too busy to enjoy it. I'd be working in a lounge chair while looking across at the water, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to have cooperative weather for outings :-) You are welcome to show pics of your cuties any time!

    The quote is a good reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really a pool person but i LOVE going to the mountain lakes near us!! Those twins!! so precious. I hope you had a wonderful church BBQ and are having a blessed relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.