Today, I'm in beautiful Hampton, TN, visiting family. I will be taking photos every opportunity and have much to share when I return home.
I've become so used to sharing the highlights of my week on Fridays that I prepared this post before I left for my trip:
1. My utility cart that I shared about in last week's post is done and taking residence in my kitchen. The top of it is a perfect place to keep my cell phone and to put any outgoing mail in the tray so that I'll be sure to see it as I go out the door. The bottom can store one of my many crockpots.
2. Time Off: I'm on vacation and that is always a highlight! I get up when I want, go to bed when I want (surprisingly close to when I always go to bed!) and tackle whichever projects I feel moved to do.
3. Feeling of accomplishment: As I always do when I have time off, I make a list of things I want to accomplish. I've checked off everything but 4 things; and who knows, the day is young, perhaps I can do another thing or two.
4. Olympics - I'm such a sap when it comes to the Olympics. I get so involved in the stories about the athletes - every time they show a clip of Jordyn Wiemer crying, I cry right along with her. I am excited Team USA won the gold in gymnastics.
5. Quote of the week: at my full-time church, we send out birthday cards to the members. I had to write down what was quoted on the front of one of the cards:
You are who God says you are:
Connected to the Father.
A billboard of mercy.
An honored child.
... Max Lucado
Isn't that awesome? I want to be a billboard of mercy - so that everyone can see the mercy God has extended me.
If you'd like to share the good things in your week, link up at the lovely Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.