Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Daybook

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, MAY 28TH, 2012

Outside my window...
HOT sunshine.  I slept in today since it is my day off, but it is now 91°

I am thinking...patriotic thoughts ... thinking of those who went before, both my national heroes who sacrificed to keep me living in freedom, and those spiritual heroes who left me a legacy showing me how to live.

I am thankful...for great grandparents, grandmothers and parents who taught me what is important.

In the kitchen... grilling out today!  We're doing several meats on the grill, potato salad and baked beans.  Lunches and at least one other dinner this week will be leftovers.

I am wearing...blue jean shorts and my favorite lime green top.  I do love to dress casual sometimes.  I have to dress up for work and church pretty much 7 days a week....

I am creating...a comfortable home.

I am going...for a drive this afternoon to see more of God's beautiful creations.

I am wondering...what changes the next year will bring.  This time last year, we were in the middle of rebuilding our home after a flood.

I am reading...Psalm 12, and I have a new Better Home and Gardens magazine to look at in my spare time.

I am hoping...to see more of my prayers answered soon. 

Around the house... it's nice and cool because of our blessed air conditioner.  I love me some coolness.

I am pondering... do I have a "secret place" where I abide with God as in Psalm 91:1

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1 NKJV
Am I really dwelling there 24/7?

A favorite quote for today...

"When I set out to pray, I have a parade - a parade of things undone march through my mind and try to distract me from touching God." - Ellston Chapman

Oh, you're not the only one, Bro. Chapman - I have a parade, too.  Sometimes, I get sucked into watching the parade for the whole prayer time!

One of my favorite things...a day with no time schedule.

A few plans for the rest of the week: more times of walking the track at the park, getting the newsletter done at my full-time church, getting a bible lesson ready on Psalm 12.

A peek into my day.
..



Symbols of Country and Christianity
I'm so thankful for those who gave their lives for our Country, 
but even more thankful for Christ who gave His life for me.

Peggy Hostetler is the creator of the Daybook.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I am thankful for that too! Sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comfortable home is a Blessing to all who live or visit!

    I love me some coolness too. Humidity is not my friend.

    Here's my Simple Woman's Daybook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your daybook ~ a look into your day, so heartfelt and honest. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.