Monday, April 30, 2012

Daybook-04.30.12


FOR TODAY, MONDAY, APRIL 30

Outside my window...slightly overcast day.  It's already 70°, and it's supposed to be 82°.  By Wednesday it is supposed to be 89°.  I think it is finally time to pack away my winter clothes and get out my capris!

I am thinking...I am dreading packing away seasonal clothing.  It's a job I hate!

I am thankful...I have clothes to pack away!

In the kitchen...ham, beans and cornbread

I am wearing...black jeans and sandals, ruffly black, gold and burgundy top.

I am creating...a spiritual legacy for my children - Please God, don't let me mess it up!

I am reading..."Larkspur Cove" by Lisa Wingate, and reading and studying Psalm 11.

I am hoping...to be all that God wants for me to be.

I am looking forward to...our Mother-Daughter banquet on Saturday.  Our theme is "Women Who Most Influenced My Life."

I am learning... everything is going to be all right.

Around the house...plants to be planted.  We bought a red knockout rose bush - I am so excited - and some plants for our big planter on the porch.

I am pondering...why people act they way they do...I'm sure I'll never have the answer to that!

A favorite quote for today...

"...let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC”
― Kurt Vonnegut

One of my favorite things... is my newest obsession - listening to piano music by David Nevue

A few plans for the rest of the week: no night meetings this week, praise the Lord!  Hoping to walk the track at least 3 times this week, along with planning my menu and my part of the program for the upcoming banquet. I also need to get my mama's Mother Day gift this week so that I can get it shipped to her in plenty of time. 

A peek into my day...

My Willow Tree angel I see everyday when working at my desk.


Daybooking is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    If you are packing away winter clothes, it must be warmer where you are than where I am...I don't care for the job either, but it does make more room in the closets if it is done.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a couple of days where we hit 100 degrees already. Ug! Yet I just barely put away my winter jacket. Gotta love Spring in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your daybook! Thank you for sharing, and for stopping by my blog and commenting. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.