Friday, March 16, 2012

Bravery or Trust?


I'm joining Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama blog and writing for 5 minutes on:

BRAVE

I suppose bravery and fear may be opposites, although, I think perhaps bravery is taking a stand IN SPITE of your fear.

I don't really think that often about being brave.  I don't know why, I just don't.  I do, however, think much about the fact that the Word tells us not to fear. 

I've been feasting lately on scriptures that make fear seem a faraway problem.   When you are confidant that you know God, know His attributes, and put your total trust in Him, then it seems that fear is nothing to worry about.

http://www.wallpapergate.com
However, I know that any minute I may be attacked from the enemy.  It never will do to get cocky!  The Word says be sober be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Still, I know that God is bigger than anything the enemy can throw at me.  I've joined His team and no matter how scary life can look, I know I can depend on Him.

Stop

4 comments:

  1. Awe... this is good... I started down this similar path and then went a completely direction. I feel like I am reading my first thoughts here. You put it into words perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it isn't brave if there is no fear. Maybe brave is acting and ignoring fear. And no wonder the Bible calls the devil a hungry lion....a very concrete thing to fear.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to serve a God we can trust in every situation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Still, I know that God is bigger than anything the enemy can throw at me."

    These are beautiful, bold, and brave words. And they're so true. God IS bigger, and it's only because of Him that we can be brave at all. And I'm so thankful.

    Love this post on BRAVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.