Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday's Fave Five #168




It has been a wonderful week for me.  I have spent it mainly at home organizing and blogging to my heart's content!  When you're on the road seven days a week, staying home is a treasure!

Oh, wait!  I just realized that I didn't post at last Friday's FFF, so I have my trip to Oklahoma to talk about as well.

1.  Our trip to Oklahoma went very well.  We did not see any deer on the road so that was a major plus. I was too busy shopping, cooking and eating to take any pictures.  Bad blogger, Jerralea!

2.  It was a great moment on Thanksgiving Day seated around my daughter's table as we all took turns sharing what we were thankful for this year, and then we ate the food that she and I had cooked together. If only our Malia could have been there, it would have been perfect. However, it's a fact of life as our children become adults they can't always be at every family holiday gathering.  I accept it, but I don't like it!

3.  This week has been awesome because I have slept in every day.  Instead of my usual 5:45 a.m., I stayed in bed till 9 a.m.  I slept in one day until 10 a.m.! Very unusual for me!

4.  I am all caught up on filing my worship team music copies and on cutting out all my coupons.  Being caught up is such a great feeling!  I had really had a big stack to work on so the relief is great. I also cleaned and organized my desk and my closet, so now I feel ready for anything.

5.  I have started on my Christmas decor.  Here is my wreath on my new burgundy door.  I love it!



I'm off to go buy a new Christmas tree.  Our old one is too big to fit in our living room since the new furniture. Have a great weekend, but first, be sure to link up at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and share your favorite five highlights from your week!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your wreath and your door! How nice to be caught up...and to sleep till 9? That's my favorite.

    I know that fact of life well, not having them all together on a holiday. We were blessed to gather them all on Thanksgiving, but a couple won't be able to be with us at Christmas. Where in OK? We used to live in Tulsa. Take care and enjoy the holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I enjoyed your Friday Faves. The wreath is so pretty especially against the color of the door. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your week sounds perfect--sleeping in and getting organized! I understand what you mean about missing the adult kids. But that's just how life is, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your wreath and the door looks positively festive!!
    I take it you don't need to get up for work....YOU ARE LUCKY! i get up at 5:45 every morning and work 8 til 3 (teaching assistant),....i miss my part time hours!
    It IS weird not to have a child at home all the time....I miss my daughter who is a college freshman..it felt so weird to put up the tree last night without her! Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great time with your family! It is hard to have an 'empty seat' at the table, but good for you to enjoy those who were there in spite of the missing one.

    Glad you had a restful, productive week off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, does "getting caught up" sound wonderful -- especially with sleep! Your Christmas wreath is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.