Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tea Talk


Feel like having tea with me?

1. I'm having... my morning hot tea (Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea) in my giraffe print mug.  I just love animal prints! 






2. I'm feeling.... compassion for Ruth and the people of Thailand - I've been through a flood myself.  I know what an ordeal it is.

3. On my mind.... it seems unbelievable, but a lot of good things came out of the flood. Our house is better off since it has been totally rebuilt.  We learned some great spiritual truths as well.  For one thing, we know now beyond a shadow of a doubt that our Lord loves us and will work things out if we trust Him.  For us, it was a real living example of Romans 8:28 at work!

4. A line, a verse, or a quotation to encourage the readers (and yourself):

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 NIV

Can I share one more? (Again, because I used this in an earlier post - but it's so good!)

"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place."  2 Cor. 2:14 KJV

This doesn't mean we always come out ahead materially, but in some way we are better off after going through a trial. Then we should testify of how God brought us through triumphantly and the fragrance of His goodness will be everywhere!

If you'd like to participate in this meme to lift each other up, visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jerralea! I don't think I've "met" you before, so greetings! :)

    Your dining room looks gorgeous! I don't have any flair at all for decorating, and love to see well-decorated spaces--which yours is.

    Thanks for sharing those verses, too. The father of a dear friend once said that there is no growth without trial, and I think that's true. God sends us through testing, breaks and remakes us, and His handiwork in our lives becomes ever more beautiful.

    Happy day to you in the Lord!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jerralea,
    I'm glad that I still have my internet connection and still able to make my visits for Tea Talk.

    Thank you for the encouraging note you left in my blog and for the prayers for all of us here in Thailand.

    You are right. This flooding situation has many spiritual truths to learn. I have to always check my heart each time I hear another bad news.This time of helplessness we can only rely on God. Yes, all things work together for the good of those who love Him. We know that God has a purpose for the entire nation of Thailand where there's only 1 percent Christian population. He loves each Thai and He knows each by name. Let's pray that in this time of calamity, they will call on the Lord and be saved.

    Thank you for joining Tea Talk this week.I love your mug design and your table :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jerralea,

    I've been swamped all day since my post so haven't gotten to "tea" yet with you...but it's nice to meet you today! I love your giraffe mug, and the colors in that room...so warm and inviting!

    Great verses to share, and yes, God is so gracious to bring blessings out of tragedy. Keeping the people of Bangkok in prayer, along with you!

    Blessings,
    Lori (aka IllinoisLori)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.