Yay! The weekend is here, and it's time to reflect on this week's highlights.
1. Warmer weather: I had to take the quilt off the bed this week, and last night, we actually turned on the ceiling fan for awhile. Spring is on its way!
2. Caught up: The dreaded filing is finished. I feel free!
3. Challenged: I ran across this quote yesterday and it really made me think:
"... silence can transform: in silence, this body that is His temple, becomes sanctuary, the quiet of the holy. Only when the interior of a life becomes a chapel can the outward life echo with the clear Word of the Lord." Ann Voskamp, Holy Experience blog post, 3/11/10
which brings me to my next highlight:
4. Linky Love: I thought I'd share some links to some of my favorite blogs with you. (Now, this does not include the blogs of all you wonderful FFF participants. You already know you're my favorites! These are additional blogs you might want to check out.)
- Holy Experience - a blog that makes you think spiritual thoughts - plus she has great photography!
- Between Naps on the Porch - I especially love her Monday Metamorphosis meme that inspires me to "redo" things I already have to make my nest more "homey."
- Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - I love to read Jen's stories of sticking to a budget and becoming a frugal fashionista with a family of 5 kids. I don't want to forget her weekly meme, Tasty Tuesday, where I also learn a lot of kitchen tips and recipes.
- Southern Hospitality - Rhoda gives great advice on decorating your home, recipes, and my favorite - thrifting. Starting this Monday, she will resume her meme, Today's Thrifty Treasures that features yard sale and thrift store finds.
5. Going out with friends: Tonight, my hubby and I are going out with our close friends, Wayne and Glenda. We are going to go eat fish, shop a little, and laugh a lot!
If you'd like to read other favorites, visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.