Thursday, November 19, 2009

Random Dozen - #12




1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
This is a tough one for me, because, frankly, I do not want to do any sport ... I do love to watch figure skating, diving, and aerobics, so out of those three I guess I would choose figure skating.


2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
What I usually do is go with my gut instinct while praying, "Please God, if this is a dumb thing to do, stop me!"


3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
For most of my childhood, I lived off  SR 581, but since that won't make a good last name, I'll use the other roads I lived on.  There were three others for roughly about the same period of time, so I could be Lea St. Charles, Lea Raymond, or Lea Lambert.  Pretty cool, thanks for giving me the idea for all these aliases! (I could choose one of them for my pen name when I write that great American novel!)


4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?

I laugh at this question because I have so many favorite foods!  So, I give up one of them, big deal.  There are so many more!


5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
I like my fruit to be picture perfect, so of course, I'd pick the pristine yellow.


6. Your favorite tree is?

a beautiful red sugar maple ... or else a flowering dogwood.  Actually, I love all trees.


7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
I was going to say 5, but realistically it's maybe 4.9...


8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
No


9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
I'm basically a trusting person


10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
I'm not sure what a Koala's personality is .... but I guess since I'm a bit of a loner, I would be more like a cat.  Although, since I'm terrified of mice, I would not be a good cat ...


11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?

Last year I got together with some friends from high school for the first time in 30 years.  I'm not good at keeping in touch, but I'm hoping to improve at it.


12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
It doesn't matter what choice I make, it will always be the wrong one!  I always get behind someone who has to have a customer service person come talk to them ....


If you'd like to see other answers to these questions, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

3 comments:

  1. I had a cat who was afraid of mice and all things wiggly. She would cower in terror if a spider ran past. Poor little neurotic sweetie. I gave her to a little old lady who was content to hold and rock her all day. They were quite happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. # 12 made me laugh out loud...isn't that always the way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog... I love the picture on yours. It makes me think of south Georgia where we lived for so many years.
    I enjoyed your answers... This is fun!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.