Thursday, November 12, 2009

Random Dozen - #11




1. What was the last song you listened to?
It was a MercyMe song, "Here Am I."
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?
Lots of times!  It's usually a piece of clothing that I think I love, and then I get home and start wearing it and realize it really doesn't look that good, after all!
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
We were living in Terre Haute, IN, and I totally loved it there. My husband lost his job and we had to move back home because we still owned a home there that we had been unable to sell. I was really bummed about it but later when my husband became ill and diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I saw that it would have been much harder to go through a time of illness if we had still been living away from family and friends.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
I always forget to watch ...
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.


Let's vow together to put feet to our prayers; to love on people in tangible ways.
… Karen Ehman, Encouragement for Today Devotional, November 6, 2009
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G?
Not the most healthy thing to indulge in? Chocolate, lots of chocolate, and I'm not talking dark chocolate - milk chocolate is my fave!
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?
Pretty much all of it - I'm an equal-opportunity glutton on Thanksgiving!
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
Reading to children is something I'm passionate about, I believe it teaches them to love books and reading and prepares them to be a good student.  I read to my girls every night until they were like 9 or 10.  My favorite book to read them when they were tiny was "Is Your Mama a Llama."  I don't remember who wrote it, but I saved the book so that someday I can read the same book to my grands.
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
Angels, house or church figurines, dishes, and scrapbook supplies. I don't have time to scrapbook, so I just keep getting scrap supplies. Smile.
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?
Gift bags - I'm all about easy.
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
I used to like to come home from school, get an orange and cut it into wedges, and take it into my room. Then I would pop an orange wedge into my mouth like false teeth and suck out the juice while reading my library book.
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??

No, I don't think fish have feelings.




If you'd like to read other answers to the Random Dozen, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

5 comments:

  1. "Here I Am," is one of my favorite songs.

    I love the thought of giving our prayers feet. I am always saying that prayers aren't prayers unless they set our hands in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your inspirational quote! Very encouraging.
    And Mercy Me is one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of this, 2nd cup of coffee. When you mentioned moving back home, when you did not want to, all I could think about was your bike rides through the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote in #5....

    I am all about the chocolate....

    # 7 made me laugh out loud....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing Quilly said - Here I Am -- but you said Here Am I -- and I wonder if that is a totally different song.... I LOVE Here I Am... but I don't know Here Am I. I'll have to go search YouTube.

    I remember Is Your Mama a Llama! That was a cute little rhymey story!

    I have buyer's remorse before I even lay my money down on clothes! NOTHING looks good! ROUND just doesn't make a great fashion statement! But... I love your equal opportunity gluttony - and so I deal with being round... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.