Another week has rolled around and once again, it's Friday! I love Fridays ...
It's time for Friday's Fave Five, a time to reflect on my week and pick out 5 highlights. I love this meme because it focuses on positive things!
1. My first fave is not something I actually bought this week, but I thought about it -- that counts doesn't it? The picture belows shows a platter I picked up at a yard sale during my staycation for 25¢. It has 22K gold around the edges. I bought this because the gold pattern around the edges matches some dishes I bought at an auction the first year we got married. Those dishes are packed away right now, so I'll share a picture of them another day.
2. Next, I thought I would show you a picture of my Gerbera Daisy. This Daisy was given to me for Administrative Professionals Day and I shared a picture with you on that week's FFF. Now, see how it has grown? I haven't killed it!
3. The third item for this week is a picture of a beautiful mimosa tree (or at least I think it's a mimosa) that I passed by riding my bike this week. I had to take this picture at dusk because it is way too hot to ride bikes until then. (Where is my beloved spring weather?) We are having a mean streak of 95° days here in the midwest.
4. Speaking of hot weather, I must mention my favorite summertime drink, Tea-ade. That's my little name for a concoction of lemonade and sweet tea. I keep a picture of both in my fridge. When I get thirsty, I fill a glass about 1/3 of the way with lemonade and then pour in sweet tea to fill it to the top. Ahh... so good!
5. Last night, we had an old-fashioned summer dinner: ham and beans, cornbread, cucumbers, macaroni and tomatoes, and fried squash. Oh, my! Talk about good. There's nothing better than summer produce! I cooked it like Granny used to do. The only thing, if she'd been here, she would have added a "mess of greens" to the menu.