It's time to count our blessings. I do write a lot about thankfulness and sometimes I feel I might be repeating myself. Truly, we do have a world of things to appreciate. Today, I thought I might focus on some of my everyday blessings:
- Chocolate - it just makes me happy.
- Spell Check - a writer's best friend. (I did say this would be a random list, right?)
- Sweet Tea - another thing that makes me happy and just seems to pep me up.
- Email & Comments on My Blog - ok, I'm a "words of affirmation" girl. I truly love when people comment (so far I haven't gotten any negative ones) and I love personal email. Forwards? Not so much.
- Books - I'm a voracious reader and would be lost without something to read. I even read the backs of cereal boxes. It's part of who I am - queen of a wealth of trivial knowledge!
- Different translations of the Bible - It helps me so much to compare versions when I'm studying. My favorites are the Amplified Version, the New Living Translation, and The Message. Of course, I compare them with THE standard, the King James Version. If I'm having trouble grasping a concept, I read all four versions and usually feel much more enlightened. I might add that the first step is always to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for illumination of the scriptures.
Well, I must save some for another day. Look around you. I feel sure that, like me, you'll be able to list several every day blessings in your life. Now go share them over at Lynn's, Spiritually Unequal Marriage.