Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Random & Day 19-20


Today's Thankful Thursday is a random list of things so I'm combining my Thankful Thursday with my November Giving Challenge.

Day 19, Wednesday, November 19: Wednesday was another day spent at the office, on the road, at church, then back on the road home. I'm thankful for safety! God kept me safe through all that driving. I did come close, though. A skunk was running on the road as I went on a country back road to church. At first, I wasn't sure what it was. As I drew closer and realized it was a skunk, I swerved and missed it. Thank you, Jesus! It would have been embarassing to drive a smelly vehicle onto the church parking lot!

Day 20, Thursday, November 20: Today is the first day of my "staycation". (That means vacation time spent at home.) I'm thankful for job benefits!

It's been fun (and a little challenging) to focus so much on thankfulness and gratitude. But more than just being thankful, we need to show by our actions how we appreciate the blessings God has given us. I found this quote that really made me think:

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation
is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy

Visit Iris at Grace Alone to read more essays on thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.