Monday, November 24, 2008

November Challenge - Giving Thanks - Day 22-24

Day 22, Saturday, November 22: This was the day that the annual craft fair comes to town. It has long been a tradition that my sister-in-law and I go spend the day together walking to every exhibit in the city. However, this year she could not go. Previously, she had fallen and hurt her ankle. She did not feel she could walk all day, or even part of the day. I went to one exhibit by myself. I didn't have the heart to go to any more of them. It's not the same without your shopping buddy! I thought about how thankful I am that I can walk. So many times at the grocery store, I see people using the motorized wheel chairs. We take for granted the simple pleasure of walking on our own two feet!

Day 23, Sunday, November 23: I am thankful that I can breathe! I know several people who have COPD, and some with pulmonary fibrosis. I see lots of people that have to take oxygen tanks with them wherever they go. If you can breathe, be thankful for those deep, cleansing breaths!

Day 24, Monday, November 24: I love recipes and today I'm thankful for the internet where I can find bazillions of recipes. I also am thankful for search engines, where I can type in ingredients and websites come up! Technology is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.