Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sincerely 'Fro Me to You #8 - 70's Pic



It's that time again! Time to look back in the past and share a photo!

I don't have any photos of me with big hair, since I went to school in the 70's, so here is one of my favorite 70's pics:






I'm wearing my favorite accessory, the choker! I loved that thing ...

Notice the hair is not big in any way. In the 70's we wore it straight and long, preferably parted in the middle. I hadn't grown my hair out that long yet. I also loved the dress I was wearing, a green dress with a long collar. It went straight to my hips (the dress, not the collar!) and then flared out. I was stylin'!

It's funny to look at this and see my natural hair color -- I'd almost forgotten what it looked like. Also, it seems different to me because this was about 3 years before I started wearing glasses.

As I said, I like this picture, but to enter into the spirit of Sincerely 'Fro Me to You, next week I'll show you one of me that I DON'T like. Just remember to be gentle with your comments!

For more photo fun, visit Kristen at We are THAT Family.




8 comments:

  1. You look like a girl from TODAY not the 70's!! That is a great picture and I LOL'd about your natural hair color. I love when people ask me that - 'What isyour natural color?' Uh, who in the world even KNOWS anymore.

    Have a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look beautiful! I'm so glad you were spared the big hair of the 80's....just think how healthy your hair must be without all the perms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture... truly classic look there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the choker! You looked very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair color is beautiful, and you were totally stylin with the choker and big collar! :) I can hardly wait until next week, (I'll be nice, I promise)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your picture. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, did you ever iron your hair? I've heard that was how girls got it to be so straight and shiny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.