Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Put On Christ

Here's an awesome quote from Elisabeth Elliot's Daily Devotional that I had to share:

"Put on Christ. The act of honest obedience--the fruit of love for Christ--is your part. Making you Christlike through and through is his part."

It's like a light bulb went off in my head: It's His job to make me Christlike! It's not up to me!

That's my problem a lot of times anyway ... thinking that it's all up to me .... am I the only one that gets caught up in that kind of thinking?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I had to smile when I read the verse you used because it had the word "obedience" in it. I just finished a LONG post about just that!! It's about teaching children to obey the FIRST time you tell them something and why it is so important.

Elissa Joy said...

Trust is the lesson.
-Elisabeth Elliot